Wednesday already! I hope everyone is enjoying the week so far and not stressing themselves overly. Speaking about stress; it’s really gotten to me lately. My stomach is upset a LOT (especially in the evenings) and I am more and more having to deal with anxiety. I would be super happy to receive tipps on what you do against anxiety or any other recommendations you have. I am thinking about starting something to help me off here a little but I need to test and try it first before talking to you guys about it.
So, here we go. I’ve had a discussion with a friend recently about female handbags. Why female you ask? Because we constantly manage to overpack. I am totally on the same page with most of you out there (those that have the same issue) and decided to making a small list and organising myself better before going on trips. Now, it really depends on whether I go by car, train, (I get car and train sick), by plane and how long I travel.
Here however, are my 7 must-have essentials that I try and keep in my bag constantly:
- Wallet – it includes everything from my ID to my blood type (yup, always in there), my health insurance card in case something happens, credit cards and some cash. I don’t carry a lot of cash with me most of the times given I feel I spend it way too fast :) though I do like to keep two-three currencies in my bag. In Switzerland that of course would be Swiss Franks, but I usually also carry some Euros and USDs – because well, you never know!
- Sunglasses – I always, always, always have a pair in my handbag. Even on a cloudy or rainy day, you never know when the sun peaks out – or when you just want to look super cool. Also, remember it is better for your eyes (if you have sunnies with have UV filter)!
- Hand lotion – a must have for me since recently! I was never into hand lotions, though the woman I get my nails done at has been telling me that my hands are too dry for too long. So I decided to now always carry one around with me.
- Airpods / Headphones – because you know, music. But really, I love listening to music or podcasts whenever I get the chance! Also, taking a call is always easier hands-free, especially if you have an Italian vibe to you and love to use hand gestures 24/7.
- Lipstick – I don’t really use lipstick often. Yet, I do always carry one around just in case. In the end, a good lipstick can save any outfit and make you look party ready when you really aren’t, instantly!
- Notebook and pen – I admit it, I love the old school way of writing things down by hand. I usually carry around an agenda, too, though I need to buy new papers to put in there. For now, I am using this cute little notebook for drawing down my notes and thoughts on the go. You never know when that next business idea hits you!
- External charger – something I keep forgetting but love having with me SO much. Phones nowadays last much longer than they did 2-3 years ago, yet by far not as long as they used to 10 years ago. Because I am a social media nerd (jk), need to check my emails and be reachable whenever and wherever, my phone has to be charged at all times!