Happy Friday evening! Two recipes in one week – can you imagine? Well, I’ve been requested to once again share my recipe of this Rhubarb and Berry Crumple that I had posted on Instagram this past Wednesday.
I know I tend to say that the recipes I do are super easy, but guess what – they really are! This is one of the easiest ones and perfect for when you are in the mood for a little warm, sweet and yet sour snack or if you want to make a little dessert that doesnt take a lot of time.
What you need for the Crumble, for 2 persons, is:
- 100g thinned oatmeal
- 100g white flour
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 Teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinammon
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- around 250g rhubarb
- around 150-200g berries (mixed)
Pro TIP: you can use any kind of berries, or only berries, or any other fruit you like – how about some apple crumble instead?
What to do:
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C
- To make the actual crumble, add all ingredients (except the fruit) in a large bowl and mix it thoroughly with your hands until the crumbles form.
- Cut, clean and put the fruit into 2 small bowls
- add the crumble on top and push it down only slightly (you don’t want it to be one big ball of dough on top)
- Place the bowl with the fruit and crumble into the oven and leave it for 30 minutes
- Let it cool down for roughly 10 minutes and serve whilst still warm!
Second TIP: You can always add some vanilla ice cream or freshly whipped cream with it – soo good! (also, the soy/ vegan whipped cream is delicious!)