Happy May 6th! Yes, one day late, I know – but either way I wanted to share another recipe with you guys. I had posted a picture of these cookies on Instagram the other days and you guys demanded (mostly via PMs) the recipe. Now, the recipe is super easy and I am super happy to share it! The cookies are perfect for those that wish to eat chewy, rather soft chocolate chip cookies which are not all too sweet!
In case you prefer larger, more American-Style Chocolate Chip cookies with a crunchy outside and soft inside I will only disappint you for a few days! Why you ask? Well, I made another batch of cookies and they too, are perfect! Yet, absolutely different – but I will also share that recipe sometime soon!
Now, back to the soft, chewy cookies!
Here is what you need:
- 210g white flour
- 145g unsalted, melted butter (make sure it’s at room temperature before using it)
- 150g fine, brown sugar
- 30ml (roughly 2 tablespoons) golden honey
- 1 egg yolk
- 30ml milk (I used soy milk)
- 1 fesh vanilla (or pure vanilla extract – then roughly 2 teaspoons)
- 220g dark chocolate chunks
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
What to do:
- pre-heat the oven to 190°C and line the baking sheet with parchment paper
- Whisk together the flour, salt and baking powder in a large bowl
- In a second bowl, whisk together the all the other ingredients (except the chocolate chips) until you have a nice dough
- Now slowly add the flour-salt-baking powder mixture to the dough and mix it until you get a smooth dough
- Next, add in the chocolate chips and carefully mix it until they are well spread.
- Using your hands, form roughly 24 same sized balls out of the bowl
(I used a fully loaded tablespoon as a portion helper)
- Bake until they slowly turn golden-brown (depending on the size, 12-18 minutes)
Pro TIP: Enjoy them whilst they are warm – it’s the best!